Sunday, April 4, 2010

books books and more books

Well it's the school holidays and I'm taking a break from crafting. My study is so unbelievably messy that I can't actually make anything - there's not enough space. So one of my big holiday jobs is to tidy the hovel. And read read read.

The other day I suddenly realised how important books are to me and my family. One of the first questions OB2 (older brother #2) asks when we see each other is "What are you reading at the moment or what have you just finished?" And a long conversation about the text in question ensues. The usual gifts my family gives each other are ... books.

Isn't everyone like this?

These holidays I have two tomes to devour. I have to admit I've caught the Stieg Larsson bug and I've just started the third  book in the trilogy. After that, something a little more highbrow with Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall.

So what are you reading?

x Sarah

2 comments:

Amy said...

My Mum and I talk books for ages too :) My holiday pile consists of The Gourmet, The Spare Room, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Half of a Yellow Sun, North and South and The Shark Net. I'm about half way through but, sadly, have assignments to mark from tomorrow. I will read the Larsson books at some stage but, at the moment, there are around 15 reserves on each of them!

sarah barnett said...

I really loved "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". I think I've given it to every female in my family. That's quite a fair pile of books to get through - I hope you enjoy every minute of it.
X S