Friday, May 21, 2010

Dilemma solved!


I have an ethical dilemma that raises its head and glares at me as I scour op shops for woollen jumpers.

Every now and then Miss Dilemma pipes up, "You're not going to buy that perfectly good woollen jumper and deliberately RUIN it are you? Someone could use that lovely piece of knitwear and you're just going to shrink it and cut it up."

Well I have an answer for E. Dilemma. "I'm only buying the jumpers that have holes, are marked or are already shrunk." I feel like sticking out my tongue and saying, "So there!" But that would be childish.

Well my decision has paid dividends this week. SIX LOVELY DAMAGED JUMPERS. I visited some local Vinnies and found some gorgeous preshrunk and holey items that are just what I need for making more scarves. So Miss Dilemma, put that in your pipe and smoke it. (Except I'm sure she doesn't smoke.)

No comments: