Monday, December 20, 2010

births, birthdays and apologies

It's been ages. Ages and ages since I wrote which in the scheme of things is neither here nor there but still makes me feel kind of sheepish. I haven't been particularly crafty in the time offline but there have been a few things happening. Orders to fill and deliver - why did I think personal delivery was such a good idea?!

Mr 6 is now Mr 7 and has lost none of his cuteness, cheekiness in the process. Mr Neat has been working like a maniac so Chez Neat has become a Chez Messy. Miss 9 has lost two teeth and has been robbing the tooth fairy blind.

I've also acquired two new nieces. One whom I'll only see digitally for a while and the other a little closer to home.

But I suppose the real reason for my absence has been a lengthy visit from the black dog. At this point I must digress. If I've said this before, I apologise. I do tend to repeat myself. It's a hangover from my debating days where we called it emphasis, not saying-the-same-thing-over-and-over-because-you're-1-insane-or-2-have-nothing-else-to-say.

Where was I? Black dog. Yes. Winston Churchill's phrase to denote his depression. But to me black dogs symbolise devotion, warmth and excessive amounts of saliva. I miss my black dog - well the slobbery, hairy one. But in the absence of a better metaphor I'll stick with Mr Churchill's. The black dog has been visiting and has not yet seen fit to leave. 

So apologies for my absence and craftlessness. I'm hoping 2011 will be a year of organisation, creativity, prayer and neatness. And regular blogging.

Have a safe and blessed Christmas.
x Sarah

2 comments:

Di said...

So sorry to hear about your black dog, Sarah. I love your writing, your creations and your inspirational blog in general. It's a delight to read what you and the family are up to, and I'm so happy for you and your success in business (especially since you obviously love what you're doing). Prayers and lots of ((hugs)). 2011 will be a better year!

Janice said...

Love you my friend and looking forward to be a dropinable distance apart in 2011. Cling to Him!