Wednesday, January 5, 2011

if only i could draw....

It's a source of great frustration to me that I can't draw or make visual art. My friend Cath-the-art-teacher says that everyone can draw so let me qualify my complaint - I can't draw well. And I wish I could. I look at the ease with which some, including the lovely Miss 9, can create something with a few strokes of the pen.

If I could create lovely things with pen and ink, pencil, charcoal, paint, collage - anything really, then I might visit these people - night owl paper goods.


Isn't that lovely - a picture printed onto timber. In the meantime, here are a couple of works by people who can draw.



The first two are by Canadian artist Helen Dardik and the bottom two are by Australian artist - Kristina Sostarko (inaluxe). You can find their work on etsy.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

x Sarah

No comments: