As I am in a kind of creative and motivational wilderness there has been greater need to bake. Not that my waistline really needs this sort of therapy. But there's a need to make something, to finish something, to feel something has been accomplished.
In my house it is impossible to make anything in the kitchen without the aid of Mr 4. Anzac biscuits are the best thing to make cos you use one bowl - no mix master required - they take a few minutes to whip up, 15 minutes to cook and there's that cool thing that happens when you add the bi-carb soda to the melted butter and golden syrup.
So here's an easy recipe if you're lacking in the anzac biscuit recipe department.
1 cup plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon of cold water
1. mix dry ingredients together
2. melt butter in saucepan over medium heat
3. add golden syrup to melted butter
4. dissolve bicarbonate of soda in cold water
5. stir bicarb soda mix into melted butter
6. quickly pour butter mix into dry ingredient and combine
7. roll ingredients into balls and place on lined trays - not too close or you'll end up with one big bikkie!
8. bake for 12-16 minutes on 180 degrees C
9. cool on trays