Monday, January 24, 2011

Instant gratification - passionfruit shortbread biscuits

Last summer my passionfruit vines finally gave up and died and I never got around to planting new ones. This summer was a sad passionfruit-less affair which has made me resolve to plant several new ones.

If you have a passionfruit vine or a fruit bowl full of passionfruit here's a fabulous recipe. You can swap the flour to make it gluten-free too.

ingredients
250g butter, softened
1 1/3 cups icing sugar mixture
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
1/3 cup rice flour
4 tablespoons passionfruit pulp (I sometimes use more!)
If the crunchy seeds bother you (or your kids), trying straining the passionfruit before mixing it in.

method
Combine butter, sugars and flours in large bowl of food processor.  (I don't have a food processor so I just use my trusty sunbeam mixer) Process until mixture is combined. Add passionfruit. Process until mixture clings together.

Transfer mixture to lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Divide mixture in half, roll each half into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.

Cut logs into 1cm slices Spaces slices on a lined oven tray and bake for about 20 minutes at 170 degrees celcius. Cool on a wire rack.

Enjoy!

x Sarah

1 comment:

Di said...

Thanks Sarah :-)) Your recipe sounds delicious! I've printed it out for the recipe folder where it'll reside with your Mum's recipe for fruit chews from nearly 40 years ago - which I still make regularly.