Tuesday, March 1, 2011

counting blessings

A few friends have been doing a gratitude journal where they take a photograph everyday and write down something that they're grateful for. It's like a mixed media version of counting your blessings I suppose. I'm so terribly disorganised that I don't think I could manage it but it's so encouraging to see others counting their blessings - it reminds me to count mine and be grateful for all the amazing things (and people!) I've been blessed with in my life.

Last week when I was unwell and a bit low a friend dropped around a meal and a posh tub of ice cream. Just thinking of her cutting up veggies and stirring the pasta sauce made me feel so loved and cared for.

I think when you're a mum and you do most (virtually all) of the cooking it is so special to be cooked for. I do enjoy cooking although it is not always received with the enthusiasm I'd like and sometimes it becomes a chore rather than a lovely way to care for my family. I'm very blessed that Mr Neat is not a picky eater and appreciates being cooked for. I just need to be patient and wait for our three to catch up. And until then ... be grateful that we have food aplenty.

No comments: