Friday, September 23, 2011

Feeling hot!

I'm so hot. But not in a good way. In a temperature-of-38.5-degrees-feeling-really-terrible kind of way.

Miss 10 and Mr 7 have been sick all week with a nasty infection and they have shared the love. Impossible not to really. So now they are on the mend watching cartoons while I feel like melting into a puddle and all the while trying not to think about the bathroom that needs cleaning, the clothes that need washing, the bags that need packing and the market that needs to be prepared for....

What do you do when you feel ill? As a lover of history I do the old, at least I'm not.... trick. So when I start to feel sorry for myself I say, At least I'm not:

  • in the trenches, fighting in WWI
  • stuck on the Kokoda Track fighting in WWII
  • in a medieval village about to have my head opened to release the evil spirits that have caused the fever
  • a slave in any evil empire - there are so many, you can pick whichever one seems worst to you!
  • in childbirth
  • working in some horrendous British factory in the 19th century
  • trapped in a refugee camp with no shelter and little food and water
So you see really things aren't so bad after all. I'm actually extremely blessed and soon this sickness will pass and I can do all those meaningless things like chores and those meaningful things like hugging my children and thanking God that I am loved beyond measure.

I hope you're well!
x Sarah

3 comments:

Leanne said...

And you can think about raindrops on roses.....
copper kettles, brown paper packages.
Hope you feel better soon xx

sarah barnett said...

Thanks Leanne, actually brown paper packages tied up with string ARE one of my favourite things. But not those whiskers on kittens.

Amy said...

That is such a good way to help yourself feel almost better! At least you have a toothbrush and toothpaste and deodorant. I hope you feel better soon!