Miss 10 and Mr 7 have been sick all week with a nasty infection and they have shared the love. Impossible not to really. So now they are on the mend watching cartoons while I feel like melting into a puddle and all the while trying not to think about the bathroom that needs cleaning, the clothes that need washing, the bags that need packing and the market that needs to be prepared for....
What do you do when you feel ill? As a lover of history I do the old, at least I'm not.... trick. So when I start to feel sorry for myself I say, At least I'm not:
- in the trenches, fighting in WWI
- stuck on the Kokoda Track fighting in WWII
- in a medieval village about to have my head opened to release the evil spirits that have caused the fever
- a slave in any evil empire - there are so many, you can pick whichever one seems worst to you!
- in childbirth
- working in some horrendous British factory in the 19th century
- trapped in a refugee camp with no shelter and little food and water
I hope you're well!