Sunday, January 15, 2012

no more ms cranky pants

It's a new year and for me it's the year of the dreaded significant birthday.

I don't really mind turning forty but I have come to the sudden realisation that I am now actually a grown up and I have suddenly become less tolerant of things I may not previously have noticed. Loud music in shops annoys me. People texting and tweeting while having lunch with me annoys me. Ubiquitous tattoos annoy me. The superabundance of three-lettered blasphemy really annoys me.

But there's got to be more to being mature than a tendency to be cantankerous. So my quest for 2012 is to explore maturity, to grow up AND be nice about it.


5 comments:

Janette said...

Hehehehe, each of those things also annoy me too Lisa :)
Woo hoo, you going to have a big party???
Jxx

sarah barnett said...

Mr Neat didn't get around to a party last year when he turned forty so I thought we'd have an
81st.

Leanne said...

A very mature approach to turning 40 :) An 81st sounds fun!

Jenny said...

This post made me laugh!

Amy said...

My 12 year old is a grumpy old woman! I think it is attitude rather than age.I think it will be a good year for us (at least we won't have a newborn!). At work we are having a birthday celebration for my friend Kristy who turned 40 last week and she is heavily pregnant too!